- Accommodation: Will be provided by the Hospital.
- Travel: Reimbursed on actuals if car hire is used or can claim SAHealth approved rates (98c/Km) when own transport is used.
- This position involves providing medical services in the Emergency Department.
A Southern SA hospital requires a Senior Medical Officer in General Practice
We are seeking urgent cover for a Senior Medical Practitioner or Fellow GP for a busy ED for the period of:
• Tuesday 14th April up to and including Sunday 19th April 07.00am to 17.00pm (6 shifts)
• Friday 24th April up to and including Saturday 25th April 07.00am to 17.00pm (2 shifts)
• Wednesday 8th April up to and including Thursday 9th April 11.00am to 21.00pm (2 shifts)
• Tuesday 21st April up to and including Saturday 2nd May 11.00am to 21.00pm (12 shifts)
• Friday 10th April up to and including Sunday 12th April 20.00pm to 08.00am ( 3 shifts)
The ED is a major rural facility which covers the transfer in of critically ill patients from neighbouring Hospitals, servicing 12,500 presentations per year, we are situated 300km north of Adelaide.
Some of the work they will experience will be:
• Code stroke management
• Procedural sedation
• Stabilisation of patients for retrievals
• Hip fracture management and Reduction and plastering of minor fractures
• Use of CPAP/ BIPAP to stabilise respiratory compromise
• Treatment of cardiac conditions and consultation through cardiologists.
• Mid shift is to review and manage inpatients admitted from ED and also Dr Lewis’s patients when he is away
• Review triage 5 presentations in the nurse led ambulatory service
• May be responsible to supervise and teach 5th year medical students if they are rostered on shift
• Communicate effectively with nursing and medical staff.
• Adaptable to rapid change and able to manage adult and Paediatric presentations.
• Added benefit would be Anaesthetic background for Emergency Intubation.
• $2000 / 10 hrs/12hrs inclusive of super* and excludes GST* (* = where applicable)
Please note that all rates are inclusive of superannuation and will incur a 9.5% superannuation deduction if the incumbent’s ABN is registered as a Sole Trader / Individual.
If payment is made to a Company / Trust – no superannuation deductions are required.
If not registered for GST – the incumbent MUST submit own Invoices
Accommodation: Will be provided by the Hospital.
Travel: Reimbursed on actuals if car hire is used or can claim SAHealth approved rates (98c/Km) when own transport is used.
For further information about this job, please contact Mark Jones on 1300 900 100.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist medical professionals with locum/temp and permanent placements.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with years of industry experience and is dedicated to assisting medical professionals in their work and careers.
To apply for this job, please complete the Skilled Medical Registration form below or the contact form if you have already registered with us.
Candidates must be registered with AHPRA and have the Right to Work in Australia. You can also contact a Skilled Medical Recruitment Consultant to
discuss this role on 1300 900 100